Aaloo tikki is a popular north indian snack, which is made up of spiced, crispy, and tasty potato patties. It is usually served with chole, green chutney [which is made up of green chilli, tomato, and coriander], garnished with onion, and a sweet tamarind-jaggery chutney. Stuffing of it is usually differs according to the region. In north india it stuffed with peas and spiced chana daal.
Recipie of aaloo tikki
- Dry roast coriander seeds, pepper and cumin in a pan. Powder the dry roasted spices into mortar and pestle.
- In a bowl mash four potatoes. In another bowl mash half a cup of peas. Combine these two together and mix well.
- Add 2 tsp ginger paste.
- In a pan, saute one onion (julienne) with refined oil and add them into its mixture.
- Add little salt, roasted masala spice, green chilly, fresh coriander and red chilli powder into its mixture. Mix well. Add 1/2 tsp oil for some moisture.
- Take a portion of its mixture and make a ball out of it and gently flatten them into a round shape. Keep them in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour onto them.
- In a pan, shallow fry the aaloo tikki with refined oil.
- Garnish and serve hot.